Use the Celebration Rock located in the front of Thorson Elementary to make a birthday extra special! For $10 for a 24-hour period, you can have your message or artwork displayed.
How to Reserve Your Spot...
How to Reserve Your Spot...
- Step 1. Follow this link to view the reservation calendar and make sure the date you want for the Celebration Rock is available.
- Step 2. Once you've decided on a date, complete the Google form to reserve your spot.
- Step 3. Follow the PayPal link provided once you’ve submitted the Google form to complete the process by paying $10 (here is the PayPal linkif you need it again). For accounting purposes, it is our preference that you use the PayPal method of payment. However, if paying cash, the money MUST be accompanied by a note with your name, date, and "celebration rock" written on it. Money should be turned into the school office.
- Step 4. Get ready to celebrate! You can find the bucket with supplies in the office at dismissal time the day before your sign up day.
- Paint and supplies are available in the lobby. There is a limited supply of paint in the stores, so please be flexible and try to work with what we have in the bucket. If your project really needs a specific color, you may contact Amy to see if the color is available.
- Paint and brushes may be picked up after school on the day preceding your reserved date (e.g. you want message on 9/4, pick up on 9/3).
- You may paint the rock beginning at 4 PM on the day preceding your reserved date. (e.g. you want message on 9/4, you may paint the rock on 9/3 beginning at 4 PM). It is recommended to bring plates (to put your paint on), wipes/towels (for easy clean up, a garbage bag. Please remove and take with you any paints/cans that are empty. If you use the last of something please let contact person below know.
- Existing message is “removed” by priming with spray paint. No need to wash rock. Only ADULTS are permitted to spray paint rock. The overall base color of the rock is to be the black spray paint.
- Return paint and CLEANED supplies when you finish your rock. Thank you for your cooperation with this.
- Celebration Rock - Paid Spots may include only a birthday message, child's first name, and age (optional).
- The front of the rock (closest to driveway entrance to school) and the side of the rock may be painted by any paid spot. The back of the rock is to remain the base color of black.
- Weekends and major holidays are not available for reservation.
- The message will stay in place until another Thorson family secures a 24-hour period.
- Parents must accompany students when creating their painted message.
- No words, acronyms, images, or abbreviations that could be misconstrued as inappropriate are painted as part of your celebration message. PTO reserves the right to remove any such messages that do not meet these standards.
- PTO reserves the right to paint the rock for special event/school related functions but paid rock spots are to be birthday related messages.